August 10, 2010

5 Weeks Today

It feels as though I've known about being pregnant for ages, but in reality it's only been a week and-a-half. The trouble with knowing so early is that there is longer to wait to make real progress.

But then again, every week is progress, and closer to the goals of staying pregnant and birthing a baby (which sounds strange to say because my goal for the last couple of years has been to actually get pregnant!).

I've had a cold this week, which has been knocking me around, and my appetite continues to be big (metabolism, I suppose??). No sign of sickly feelings as yet, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this continues.

Two days until the blood test which hopefully confirms that my HCG levels are rising properly, and 15 days until our dating ultrasound. This is the big one for me... it'll all feel more real then. Hubby is excited, I'm so rapt to see him feeling happy about what's happening (did I doubt otherwise, I'm not sure?!).

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am exactly 5 weeks today too after my first IVF! I'm so happy to have found your blog! We have our 1st ultrasound on the 22nd :D

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *waves to Miss Anonymous*

    How exciting for you, congratulations! Proof that IVF can bring positive results first time around sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete