December 6, 2010

21 Weeks

The last week has brought another milestone - I'm now able to see my belly move from the outside when the little man kicks out at his surroundings. It's very surreal seeing your tummy poked from within, but at the same time very cool too, I can't keep my hands off it!

I bought some cloth nappies second-hand from a friend recently and they arrived this week - very exciting! (we're hoping to use cloth after the first month in or so; if things don't work out and we go back to disposables then that's okay too - nappies are pretty easy to sell on as there's always a demand. However, there's not much that's cuter than a fluffy bum on a baby!)

More on purchases, I finally outgrew my last pair of pre-pregnancy jeans and sourced eBay for some maternity jeans (I'd tried a couple of brands on in a store so I knew which fits and sizes were best for me). I must say I'm impressed with the two pairs that arrived - even though someone else has worn them, they fit me like a glove! What a shame it's been Summery weather this week and too warm to wear them yet (empire line dresses have been my friend!)

My best friend (and honourary Auntie) bought the baby his first alligator toy, also very cute - the gesture of the gift means a lot to me too. :)

Marisa and her thoughtful gift; our house is now decorated for Christmas too!

It's nearly the end of the Kindergarten year and while things are crazily busy right now, I know that within two weeks hubby and I will be escaping the pressures from work and heading away to Tasmania until nearly the New Year...can't wait for that. My replacement at work has also been hired recently, and rather than starting maternity leave from March 1st, it'll most likely be after February 15th - yippee! (although what I'll do with myself for potentially 8 weeks I do not know; I'm sure life will dictate otherwise)

Speaking of work, management bought me this gorgeous bouquet of lillies and presented them to me at the Christmas party on Friday night. Made me feel so special. :)

3 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers! I was off for 3 weeks before Elijah arrived and I wish I had taken more time because I felt rushed to get everything done. Hopefully your extended time will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the exact same statue of the couple dancing! I bought it for hubby as a wedding gift :)

    Congrats on seeing the movement and such fun to think you'll be on mat leave in just a few short weeks...I'm only going in about May but I am dropping down to a part time contract after the holidays which is going to be so nice...a little less money, but I'll survive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, my Mum bought us our statue for our wedding too - takes pride of place on the kitchen dresser. :)

    Personally, I wish I could start my leae now - nearly had enough within my current workplace!! However, not too much longer now...

    ReplyDelete