December 9, 2011

8 Months Old & a Video

This week Rowan turned eight months old and with it has come an explosion in the sounds that will one day become speech. For the last couple of weeks he has been making tiger-like gutteral growls which seems to attract a lot of attention when we're out and about (he does them most gleefully, of course!). Then came 'heh', and this morning begun the full-on 'dededede'. The teacher in me is so happy to hear sounds, and Rowan's little voice is so cute.

Have a listen to it here:


(8 months and 2 days old)

Other musings and favourites of Rowan at 8 months (noted down partially to remind me for his scrapbook pages) include -
  • Pulling up to standing
  • Sitting on the floor of the kitchen watching Matt and I cooking
  • His 'First Words' books and 'Hello Little Chick' book
  • Making choices (between two objects, mainly toys, books or foods; we say their name and hold the two in front of him. You see his eyes dart back and forth a few times before he erupts in a huge smile and grabs his chosen object)
  • LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem (strangely...)
  • Getting into my jewellery stand (now babyproofed)
  • Everything and anything that Nana (my Mum) says illicits a smile or laugh
  • Favourite toys are coloured stacking rings, TV remote controls; and of course...
  • Soft bunny (comfort toy, already bedraggled-looking!)
  • Teething was not fun this month - tooth #3 is now through with #4 not far behind, plenty of near-sleepless nights with these. :(
And a few recent photos to finish:

Standing at Nana's house

(and on me too)

This is 'soft bunny', a very common sight around here lately!

Getting into mischief with one of my necklaces...

This all seems so long ago now (Rowan was seven days old here and I can't believe how BIG that hat was on him then, it was my favourite of his newborn hats)

1 comment:

  1. awww 8 months already! Abbey has a favourite lovey too...her name is Mrs. Bear and she looks like she belongs to a much older child even though she's been washed several times lol
    Unfortunately my laptop has been a bit wonky lately and won't let me watch any videos :( but R looks adorable in those photos...and yes, it's amazing to look back at newborn pics that already seem like a lifetime ago.
    Happy Christmas if I don't see/hear from you before then!

    ReplyDelete